This Valentine’s Day I challenge you to spend the whole day speaking your partner’s love language. If you do not already know your primary love languages – take the quiz for free at www.5lovelanguages.com
Here are some specific ways to speak the Gift of Love using their Primary Love Language:
WORDS of AFFIRMATION (“WOA”):
- Love Letters/Cards – Hand written, personal and spoken from the heart!
- Interested Listening – Listening is just as important as speaking – Ask questions and show genuine interest.
QUALITY TIME (“QT”):
- Walks/Bike Rides Together – Even a short walk or bike ride together can mean a lot.
- Watching Sunset/Sunrise – You don’t need a beach to enjoy beautiful sunsets. Through a window from the comfort of your warm home can be just as meaningful.
ACTS of SERVICE (“AOS”):
- Simple Do’s – Warm up their car or fill their coffee mug in the morning.
- Regular chores – Pick one they are normally responsible for and do it for them.
PHYSICAL TOUCH (“PT”):
- Massages – Feet, hands, head, neck, back….doesn’t matter where or even how long.
- Kiss/Hug – With every greeting and every goodbye be sure to give a Kiss and Hug.
RECEIVING GIFTS (“RG”):
- “Just Because” Gifts – Give a gift for no particular reason except to show them you love them.
- “Me time” gifts – Nothing says I love you like “take some time for yourself”. Gift certificates to spas, massages or even tennis lessons will be much appreciated by your partner.
Sheri Maass, LOVE Coach